Monday, April 4, 2011

At the beginning of the year: Rick Moody



>
>


 


 


Rick Moody Took to reviewing a biography of Led Zeppelin was unavoidable/flashback to the 70s power ballads.


"Most of us now have heard" Stairway to Heaven "so many times we'd rather die than hear it again," he says in his review. The upside? "I believe My calls the idea is that almost nobody knows as much about some of this music as I do," Moody's said in an e-mail message. "I recognize in some days, that this cannot be so, but still kind of want to believe it. Reading rock 'n' roll books, which are one of my few vices, literary, allows me to muscle up on my rock 'n' roll points in a game of trivia big rock in the sky. When the "Led Zeppelin IV" was released, and was at the age of exact: only in the midst of adolescence. "


"I would be lying if they do not allow the turning point was the dread" Stairway to Heaven "," he added. "From there, and was with them, even if they were dreadful, or off-the-cuff, which they occasionally. I went far afield and ultimately more punk rock than classic rock was moved, and then more moved by jazz and experimental music than punk, but once you love the sound of the drum and the impact of the rhythm section (guitar), you can simply not be totally let it go. Sounds like certainty. "

More articles in books» a version of this article appeared in print on 27 December 2009, at the side of the New York Edition BR4.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment